Tuesday, March 22, 2011

An Incredible Artist

My mother-in-law is amazing!! And I'm not just saying that because I know she reads my blog; I truly mean it. She is a talented artist.

Want to check it out for yourself and confirm? You can check out her website or blog. They both contain beautiful images she has created with watercolour, oil, acrylic, textures, pastels, and charcoal, among other things.

Other than painting and drawing whatever she desires, she also has completed quite a number of commissioned paintings, done to the colours and specifications requested by the client. Amazingly, they are really reasonably priced, affordable for all with prices starting around $50.

This fall, she also started taking on art students, teaching various techniques to children as young as seven years old. The number of students per semester tends to be few, but if you are looking for an 8 week art class worth its weight in gold, this is the one!!

Why am I not posting a photo with this particular entry? Because I want you to click on the links above and go see Joanne's paintings for yourself.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Jess! It is wonderful to have the affirmation of those that are closest to me...I couldn't do what I do without my family's support! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! I'm a recipient of that amazing art work! So so so love my piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne - you are welcome! I'm just re-stating what is obvious to me - and I think more people should know!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy - I'm so glad you like the painting. I bet it looks stunning in your place!

    ReplyDelete