Friday, June 3, 2011

Lazy Pizza

The other day, I decided on pizza for dinner. It was already nearly 5:00 pm and I was low on ideas.

The kids decided on ham, pineapple, and bell pepper pizza. For Chris and I, vegetarian. We picked up two pizza crusts (gasp) at the store and got to making it. I really did not want a tomato pizza sauce, so I made a "white" pizza sauce that worked quite well.



RECIPE: White Pizza Sauce

Ingredients:
3/4 cup sour cream
1-2 tsp garlic
1-2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt & pepper

Method:
> mix it all up
> should cover two medium pizza shells

Pizza Notes
> always put half of the cheese on top of the sauce - the toppings stay with the pizza rather than sliding off
> try to spread toppings evenly
> wet ingredients like pineapple and peppers should go on the pizza last so they do not make the pizza soggy
> always add fresh tomatoes after the pizza comes out of the oven, otherwise you will have a soggy crust or a crispy one (as I did) because you are trying to dry the crust

In the end, both pizzas were DELICIOUS and lasted only until the next morning.

For more ideas on pizza and the recipe for pizza dough from scratch, see my previous posting on pizza, here.

What do you put on your pizzas? What is your favourite cheese to use? How do you make pizza sauce?

No comments:

Post a Comment