Monday, November 14, 2011

Roasted Chickpea Snacks

Today's lunch was simple to pull together, delicious, and fun to eat. The beauty is, these chickpeas can be combined with veggies and a starch for a simple lunch or can be a tasty snack on their own.



RECIPE: Roasted Chickpea Snacks
Serves 4

Ingredients:
800 ml (28 oz) canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp ginger

Method:
> pre-heat the oven to 210°C (400°F) and line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil (NOT parchment paper - this is too close to the burning temperature of paper)
> stir all the ingredients together in a bowl, coating all the chickpeas
> roast for 30-45 minutes, stirring them every 8-10 minutes to make sure they do not burn
> allow to cool for a few minutes before serving on salad, noodles, or just as a snack


I have also thought a good combination would be olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, dijon mustard, kosher salt, and black pepper... I will have to try that soon.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Lunch today was actually incredibly simple. I made rice noodles with a little coconut satay sauce, these chickpeas, and some sliced tomato and cilantro - delicious!! The boys were home today and gobbled their lunch all gone.


And here is my husband's lunch for tomorrow. We all eat with our eyes first, which is why when I am cooking for my kids, packing leftovers, or serving guests, I always want the food I make to look amazing. Under the tomatoes, savoy cabbage, and red peppers are satay saucy rice noodles with cilantro. I always want him to be proud of the leftovers he takes to work and for them to be yummy too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment