Wednesday, August 31, 2011

School Lunch

I'm not ready for it. School starts tomorrow and I am not ready to start packing lunches and snacks again. Here is something that may make its way into the kids lunchbox in the not-too-distant future.

Last week, I made some "cheese crisps" that were just cheese. It is pretty much the easiest thing to do. Ready for the instructions?

1. cut
2. fry
3. eat

Simple, right?

step 1: cut the cheese (I used mozzarella)
step 2a: over medium low heat, fry the cheese
DO NOT TOUCH IT while it fries
step 2b: sprinkle whatever spices or flavourings you like
step 3: once golden, remove the crackers to a piece
of parchment or wax paper
(NOT paper towel as the soft cheese will stick)

































































To me, this is a fairly simple "cracker" or jumping off point for an appetizer or a healthy snack for the kids. The ideas from here are limitless.


PLEASE NOTE: I have no information about storage or length of time these snacks last because they get eaten so quickly at my house. Keep them in an air tight container in the fridge for a couple of days, if they last that long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment