Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Garlic Vegetable Omelette


I will be the first to tell you that I do not like eggs. In fact, I really do not like eggs. All by themselves, the texture, flavour, and aroma - I cannot handle it.

I clearly remember it - a night when I was about 7 or 8, I slept over at a friend's house. The mom and dad of the home kick-started Saturday morning with a nice big breakfast of bacon, toast, and sunny side up soft eggs. I ate all I could of that breakfast - even some of the egg whites - until my stomach threatened to embarrass me, at which point I stated I was full.

The other day, I knew I needed an egg for breakfast, protein and veggies, but what could I make? The best answer: eggs.

RECIPE: Garlic Veggie Omelette

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 tsp garlic
leftover cooked veggies, chopped
cheese, grated or sliced

Method:
> in a skillet, heat up the pre-cooked veggies (and meat) that will grace your omelette
> in a small bowl, whisk the egg with garlic and salt & pepper to taste
> in the hot oiled skillet, pour down the egg into a round-ish shape
> dump the cooked veggies on one half of the egg
> sprinkle cheese
> fold the "empty" now mostly cooked egg half on top of the veggies
> cook until the egg is cooked and the cheese is melted

I usually sprinkle some fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley right into the omelette.

What is your favourite way to eat eggs?

No comments:

Post a Comment